Difference between IKEv2 and OpenVPN

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephanie Roodbol 3 months ago.

Difference between IKEv2 and OpenVPN

• Karel de Groot

Hello!

I don’t know if this is the right please to post this topic. But I have a few questions about the difference between protocols.

On my work IKEv2 is blocked (I don’t know why) but OpenVPN works fine. Can somebody explain me the difference between these protocols?

Thanks!

Stephanie Roodbol

Hi Karel,

Sorry to hear that IKEv2 is blocked, is your Windows 10 completely up-to-date? If you want you can send your technical ticket to us, you can do this in the app in FAQ/Support! IKEv2 is a faster protocol then OpenVPN, but on the other hand OpenVPN is almost impossible to distinguish internet traffic through this software from normal internet traffic. It is therefore extremely difficult to block.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie

Karel de Groot

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for your answer, everything is up-to-date. I used the same computer (laptop) on my work. So I think it can’t be a hardware problem. Maybe my work blocks the protocol? What do you think, is that possible?

Stephanie Roodbol

Goodmorning Karel,

Thank you for your message. It´s possible that IKEv2 is blocked, but if you want, one of our developers can look through teamviewer for you. If you´re interested you can contact us through support@goosevpn.com, then we will schedule an appointment.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Existing user? Sign In | Sign Up

GOOSE VPN Community

User forums, questions and answers on GOOS VPN services, reviews and more.

Don't have an account? SIGN UP